Girls Who Code is a national organization that aims to close the gender gap in the computer science industry. The Des Plaines library is happy to host this club that encourages young girls to explore the foundations of programming through projects and collaborative work.
- What is Girls Who Code? This national nonprofit aids girls across the country in their pursuit of knowledge in the field of computer science. Girls are taught the strong fundamentals behind programming - loops, variables, conditions, and functions. They are encouraged to use coding to tackle issues relevant in their community. Throughout this time together, members of this club form a bond of sisterhood, connected through their shared interest in this discipline.
- Where does this take place? - Des Plaines Public Library; 1501 Ellinwood Ave, Des Plaines, IL 60016
- When does it happen? - Tuesdays from 4-6 p.m
- How much does it cost? - Free of charge!
- How do I qualify to join? - Just be in grades 6 -12. Get on the wait list for 2017/2018 club below.
Join Girls Who Code
6th through 12th grade girls are welcome! Get on the wait list for 2017/2018 club here.Get on the list
A typical day!
Designed by: Sonali Kumar; technology intern attending the University of Michigan, 2021