Buying books is a great way to support the library. Our Friends of the Library group sponsors three yearly used book sales and an ongoing sale on the first floor.
Spring Book Sale
Friday April 21st - Members only, join at the door for $5, 6 - 8:30 pm
Saturday April 22nd - 9:30 am - 4 pm
Sunday April 23rd - 1 - 4:30 pm
Being a booksale volunteer
If you love shopping at the Friends' booksales, why not help out too. The Friends need volunteers to help set up for Booksales on the Wednesdays and Thursday mornings prior to all sales. If you are able to work for two or three hours please call 847-376-2922 and leave your name and phone number. You'll need to be a Friends' member to volunteer.
The Friends are accepting items or the upcoming sale. Bring your donations to the library to help make the booksales a success!
We gladly accept
- Modern adult fiction (both hard and soft cover) published after 2000
- Gently used children's fiction, any year.
- Classic Fiction
- Computer/Technology related books published after 2008.
- Complete set of encyclopedias published after 2008
- Textbooks, business and reference books published after 2000
- Health and medical books published after 2005
- Travel Guides published after 2012
IMPORTANT donation instructions:
- All items must be in good condition. Items that have at any time been wet, show evidence of mold or have broken bindings cannot be accepted.
- Items must be boxed or bagged.
- If you have more than two cartons please call 847-376 -2922 in advance to arrange a drop off time. If no one answers, please leave a message and we will call you back.
We don't need and will not accept:
- Video Tapes
- Cassette Tapes
- National Geographic magazines
- Encyclopedia yearbooks
- Condensed books
Ongoing Book Sale
Find great books available at bargain prices during regular library hours. Just check out the shelves on the first floor. Pay for the books at the Circulation desk on the first floor.