This internship has proven to be a great start for those interested in LIS, Early Childhood, or other related fields. We are looking for two interns to work with preschool-aged children at our local early learning center performing storytimes and playing a pivotal role in the library’s outreach team. The successful candidates will also facilitate a book borrowing program through the school.
- Applicants should be enrolled in or recently graduated from a library information science or early childhood program, and have an interest in working with children of preschool age.
- Applicants must have a valid Illinois driver’s license and be able to provide his/her own vehicle for travel to and from the outreach location.
This internship runs from September 23rd-November 22nd, 2019, for 9 weeks, 12 hrs/week.
- Please indicate in your cover letter your preferred schedule:
- Mondays and Wednesdays 9:15-2:15 with a half hour unpaid lunch, Fridays 9:15-12:15.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:15-2:15 with a half hour unpaid lunch, Fridays 11:45-2:45.
- The nine week internship includes one week of training to be scheduled upon hiring.
$15.00/hour, plus reimbursement for mileage as necessary
This job is open until 5:00 pm on July 28, 2019 or until filled.
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover Letter and Resumé together in a single document
Indication of preferred schedule in your cover letter
The Des Plaines Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Use the following site to submit your application:Apply for this job