Our library's motto, "Work. Learn. Play." is abundantly present in our events and class offerings. We strive to keep these events interesting, entertaining, and useful to the community. Last week, we upgraded our online calendar to help you discover a new range of library program offerings.
Our old calendar displayed all the events in a large calendar, with lots of the info buried below. The landing pages weren't that interesting, as pictured above. We have a new interface with colorful event pages to give you a more continuous experience across our website. That said, you can register for an event without leaving the calendar page.
- See how many seats are remaining for a given program.
- Enter an email address during registration to get an email reminder leading up to the event.
- You can sign up for all events in a series at once.
- Look up your registered events by going to desplaines.libnet.info/myevents with your reference number and last name to see what you're signed up for. (This only applies to programs you registered to after May 3rd.)
- Add events to your personal calendar with iCalendar, Google Calendar, Outlook, and more.
- Switch between list view and calendar view as seen in this video:
We’ve also added a revamped room booking interface. If you are a community group that rents our first floor meeting rooms, head over to our Study & Meeting Rooms page to book one now.