With Hoopla digital you can stream movies, television shows, music and audiobooks directly to your computer, IOS, Android device and select Kindle Fires. Hoopla also allows you to download items for offline use with the appropriate App.
Getting started with Hoopla
To get started note this key information:
- A Des Plaines library card is required
- Each registered Des Plaines cardholder has access to 10 checkouts a month
- Music is available for 7 days
- Audiobooks, ebooks and comics are available for 3 weeks
- Movies and television shows are available for 72 hours
Using a Computer
- Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com/home
- Choose get started now.
- Search for the Des Plaines Library
- Fill in information. A Des Plaines library card is needed to register
- Click create an account and sign up
- Browse for your favorite items
- Borrow and stream
- For help and details about supported devices, and preferred browsers go to https://hoopladigital.com/support
Using the App
The Hoopla app is available for iOS and Android devices and requires a WiFi or data connection.
- Find and download Hoopla Digital App from the Apple App store, Google Play or Kindle Fire HDX
- Open the App. If you are already registered, tap the Sign In icon. Enter your email address and password to sign in.
- If you are not already registered, tap the Sign Up icon and follow the prompts for signing up.
- Search, browse and borrow titles. You must use all items within the App itself.
- If you want to download for offline use, you must fully download the item before taking your device offline. Once you have borrowed an item, locate the item in your Borrowed list and tap it. Then depending on your device, you will see a cloud icon. Tap this and wait for the download to complete. Movies can take some time depending on the speed of your internet connection.
If you need further assistance, please visit us at the third floor Readers Services' desk, call us at 847-376-2840, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also visit our webpage at dppl.org/ebooks-more