While the library is closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are making getting a temporary library card easy.
* * * * DPPL is waiving the requirement to come into the library to show a photo ID and receive a physical library card. * * * *
You can apply for a temporary library card online now.
- All library card applications will be processed by 10am daily.
- Once your account is created/application approved, you will be emailed your temporary account number and password.
- If you do not have email, we will call you.
- Temporary cards allow full access to all DPPL materials, online streaming services and database products through September 30th.
- After September 30th you will need to come into the library and show a photo ID to get your permanent library card.
- Only residents of incorporated Des Plaines may receive a Des Plaines Public Library card.
Thank you for applying for a new DPPL library card.
This form will help jump start your application process. To get your new library card, we just need you to do the following:
- Check your eligibility for a library card.
- Fill out and submit the application.
- We will mail your new card within five days.
For kids in 8th grade or younger, use our kids' library card application.
Complete the application
I apply for the right to use the library with all its rules and regulations, to give immediate notice of any changes of address or phone number and to abide by the rules of other libraries where I may use my library card.