Many of our usual technology services are unavailable due to the health and safety limits of Phase Four in Illinois.
Please call the 4th Floor Reference desk at 847-376-2841 for more information.
Using our computers
Currently, we are only making one hour computer appointments for Des Plaines Public Library cardholders.
Where to find computers
- Second floor computers are for kids through 8th grade. CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
- Fourth floor computers are for adults and older teens.
What you can do on the computers
All of our computers offer things like:
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office
- Access to printers
You will always find helpful staff to answer your questions about using our computers. You can also sign up for our regularly scheduled computer classes to learn more about popular software, the Internet, and more.
Using our laptops
Laptops are available for teens with proper ID to check out and use in the third floor Teen Lounge. See the Teen guide page for more info. CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
Using WiFi with your devices
You can use your mobile device to download free ebooks. You even can print wirelessly too!
If you are bringing your own device to use in the library, please be aware that we:
- Cannot guarantee consistent speeds, quality of connection, or access.
- Cannot troubleshoot your computer or connection.
- Are not responsible for damage, theft, or loss of any kind.
We also expect that you will:
- Protect your own privacy and security while online
- Not do anything illegal or against library policies