We strive to make the library, our collections, and services accessible to everyone in the community. If you need an accommodation or accommodations, see below.
Getting help at the library
Our staff members will be glad to help you if you need extra assistance while you're here.
Adaptive or assistive equipment
You can use the following devices in the library only:
- Enlarger with color monitor (4th floor)
- Hand-held magnifiers (3rd- and 4th-floor public desks)
- Screen magnification software on the fourth-floor Internet-access computers. Also, our catalog computers contain a zoom feature. See Reference (red desk) staff if you need assistance.
- Wheelchair for getting around the library
The following items can be checked out of the library. The lending period is eight weeks.
- Portable magnifiers (See the "Tech to Go" display on the 3rd floor, near the Readers' Services (green) desk.)
Large print collection
We offer a wide variety of large print books. Look for our large print collection on the 3rd floor. A staff person at the Readers' Services desk can help you find titles.
You can browse our large print collection online.
We have a great collection of audiobooks on CD and Playaways on the 3rd floor. You can also download audiobooks to play on a variety of devices.
You can browse our audiobooks online.
The State of Illinois offers assistance to the disabled through its National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (formerly known as Leap). Also, see the Talking Book & Braille Service, Illinois Secretary of State's office.