We have all of the federal income tax forms for 2019 that we are going to receive. You now can pick up copies of the following federal forms for 2019 on the fourth floor of the library:
- 1040 (Individual Income tax Return) booklet, which contains: the 1040 form, 1040-SR form, and Schedule 1 (Additional Income and Adjustments to Income) Schedule 2, (Additional Taxes), and Schedule 3 (Additional Credits and Payments)
- separate instruction booklet for the 1040 and 1040-SR forms.
Please note: The 1040-SR, U.S. Tax Return for Seniors, is new for the 2019 income tax season.
These and other federal tax forms can be printed from https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
Other 2019 U.S. income tax forms we have on hand for the taking are:
- 1099-INT (interest income) + separate instructions
- 1099-MISC (miscellaneous income) + instructions. Please note: We're giving out six 1099s per person.*
- 1096 (Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns)
- W-2 (Wage and Tax statement for 2019) (OUT)
- W-3 (Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements for 2019)
- Combined instructions for the W-2 and W-3 forms (OUT)
*You can order more of the 1099-MISC and/or other forms online.
To order federal tax forms by phone, call 800-829-3676, Monday-Friday.
Save yourself a trip to the IRS website. You can print most of the federal forms from the list below.
In the income tax area on the fourth floor of the library, we have:
- 1040 (Individual Income Tax Return) form. We have run out of the 1040 instruction booklet. More have been ordered.
We also are out of the following. They, too,have been re-ordered:
- Schedule ICR (Illinois Credits) + separate instructions
- Schedule E/EIC (Exemption and Earned Income Credit) + separate instructions
- Schedule WIT (Income Tax Withheld) + separate instructions
- Illinois 1040 instruction booklet
These and other state tax forms can be printed from: https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/forms/incometax/Pages/currentyear/individual.aspx
To order state tax forms, call 800-356-6302. (This tax forms order line is open 24/7.)
If you have questions about income tax forms, feel free to call the library's fourth-floor desk, the Reference desk, at 847-376-2841.
Federal Forms and Instructions
|1||Your Rights as a Taxpayer||Not available||17||Your Federal Income Tax||Not available||334||Tax Guide for Small Business (For Individuals Who Use Schedule C or C-EZ)||Not available||501||Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information||Not available||505||Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax||Not available||523||Selling Your Home||Not available||529||Miscellaneous Deductions||Not available||535||Business Expenses||Not available||550||Investment Income and Expenses||Not available||554||Tax Guide for Seniors||Not available||590-A||Contributions to Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)||Not available||596||Earned Income Credit||Not available||970||Tax Benefits for Education||Not available||936||Home Mortgage Interest Deduction||Not available||590-B||Distributions from Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)||Not available|
Federal Publications en espanol
|17||Your Federal Income Tax For Individuals in Spanish||Not available||596||Earned Income Credit in Spanish||Not available|
|IL 1040-X||Amended Individual Income Tax Return||Not available||IL 1040-X||Instructions for IL 1040-X||Not available||IL-1040||Individual Income Tax Return||Available||IL-1040||Instructions for IL-1040||Not available||IL-2210||Computation of Penalties for Individuals||Not available||IL-505-I||Automatic Extension Payment for Individuals Filing||Not available||Schedule CR||Credit for Tax Paid to Other States||Not available||Schedule ICR||Illinois Credits||Not available||IL-2210||Instructions for Computation of Penalties for Individuals||Not available||Schedule ICR||Instructions for Schedule ICR||Available||Schedule M||Other Additions and Subtractions||Not available||Schedule M||Instructions for Schedule M||Not available||Schedule IL-E/EIC||Illinois Exemption and Earned Income Credit||Not available||Schedule IL-E/EIC||Instructions for Schedule IL-E/EIC||Not available||Schedule IL-WIT||Illinois Income Tax Withheld||Not available||Schedule IL-WIT||Instructions for Schedule IL-WIT||Available|