If you love audiobooks, or if you are just getting started with them, the SYNC audiobook program is fun, and interesting.
You may already know it as it has been a summer program for the past 12 years. It’s targeted toward teens but anyone over 13 years old can access.
Each week the SYNC program provides two thematically paired audiobooks for checkout.
Once the titles have been added to your shelf in Sora, you can listen to them again and again, for as long as you want – just make sure you don’t return them!
This year Sync starts, April 29, and requires access through the Overdrive Sora app.
The program is sponsored by DPPL's ebook supplier Overdrive with the Audiofile company.
Read more about the program HERE.
Here is the list of audiobook pairings through August 4.
The pairings are based on various characteristics. It could be a genre, a writing style, a character type, or a setting that links the stories.
The joy will be in listening to both and figuring out the connection
Getting is Easy: You just need an email address and the Sora App.
- First register at this website https://audiofilemagazine.com/sync/
- Then set up Sora for SYNC. Download Sora from the Apple App store or Google Play store.
- Open Sora and tap, I have a set up code (at the bottom of the screen)
- Enter this setup code: audiobooksync
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC
- Tap Explore (at the bottom of the screen to see the week’s featured titles)
- Enjoy! SYNC 2021 starts April 29
We'd love to know what you think.
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org